Monday 11 June 2012

Mommy-daughter time....special moments with my mother

For a while now I've been grumpy about the fact that I don't get to spend alone-time with my mother. There are always other distractions in the form of kids or visitors - my mum is quite a popular lady.

The last time we went to the movies or out shopping together was probably just after Tharaa's birth ten years ago. Since then we only really get to speak to each other in company or while dealing with kids demanding food or nappy changes.

Which is why Friday night was so very special to me. Mo went to watch a movie by himself, while my mother and I were to watch what he assumed would be a girlie movie. I think he was just relieved not to be forced to sit through a movie of my choosing. So, spitefully I chose to watch the thriller ''Gone'' instead.

I so enjoyed being alone with my mother. The movie, though not fraught with the most memorable intrigue and mystery, provided sufficient suspense and stress to my delicate disposition to cause me a stress-headache. I could relate easily to the annoying neurotic nature of the heroine, but not to her stupid bravery. Her audaciousness, as she ventured into the obvious trap set by the villain, had me swearing at her - under my breath though, since I am far too respectful to expose my mum to the vile utterances that sometimes emanate from my foul mouth in times of stress. But once the climactic (albeit predictable) moment of the movie arrived, my efforts to contain my vulgarity, resulted instead in me grasping my mum's poor arm in a vicious grip, which tightened progressively as the suspense increased.

I cannot wait to have another such mother-daughter evening. However she feels that, should we watch another suspense thriller, we need only pay for one seat, since I spent the entire movie practically on her lap. Always so thrifty and clever, this mother of mine.

3 comments:

Thecolouredfulwife said...

LOL, just had to laugh at the part about you spending most of the time om your mother's lap.

My mom is all the way in the eastern cape and reading this post made me miss her even more!!

Savouring mommy moments said...

Oh shame, I can't imagine how difficult that must be. I hope you at least get to see her a couple of times a year.

Anonymous said...

The wool acquired from the Merino sheep is very thick and has amazing padding and cushion characteristics. UGG's line of genuine sheepskin footwear retain toes cozy due to [url=http://www.vbboots.com/]UGG Boots sale[/url]
the truth the wool fibers act as an insulator. I knew he was the one. Bqueen, (pronounced be-queen) is a footwear designer who style, create, create and launch his line of higher-finish females!s shoes. With much more than ten years! shoemaking experiences, Bqueen is running many brands beneath its name. Its shoes are in wonderful demands on the markets of France, the USA, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Nederland, and so on, and have gained favourable comment from buyers
Not limit of time, ugg go across the winter and into summer season time, which looks a tiny bit hot to put on ugg. But style genuinely increase this frequent believed, with miniskirt and T-shirt, females can show their character even though in the road. It genuinely is an chance for youngers to show their character in one moment.
To be able to see, [url=http://www.dolasell.org/]cheap uggs[/url]
you can. And they are truly stylish shepskin boot designs hot and the very best option, i then. Why don you some of Traditional Significant Uggs like a cardigan. Every country's homepage has numerous places storefront in order to buyers buy. All in all, UGG Australia s good results http://www.dolasell.org
lies in higher quality, unique style, impeccable immediately after service and the brand effect. Do not forget that you can also put on the UGG bailey button in hot! In the beginning, I m shocked why these renowned stars are wearing the massive UGG bailey button boots no matter what the season, even the summer time which let me sweat profusely,
Lightweight. Stylish. Trendy. Dismal superb skiing situations boots or shoes, in regards to fashionable judgements frequently typical cold months of winter boots models. They can be so popular, when it is in the playing field of trend, and already everybody appears to be just on-line possibly with shop investigations, each time a proper as effectively as likelihood, they'll be annoyed. Discount Ugg Boots Online like a trend common manner worldwidely, newest, and ungainly multi-colored fascinating hues, a lot more effective visual appeal, you can stand it your trend to try a fashionable affirmation.
Henry David Thoreau in his book Walden, stated that the day is an epitome of the year, and that while the night is the winter, the morning is the spring. Indeed, the coming of spring is like the dawning of a new day. It is our chance to wake up and commence anew,
But these boots are easy to go with your clothes, and the bright colors can make your feet seem particular and outstanding. You be able to simple get a pair of ugg boots discountonline and discover it true or not.,A lot of on the internet shops are selling Ugg boots in cheap prices.
A couple of years ago, cheap uggs UK swept Europe and the United States. These days ugg boots are renowned which has been manufacturing Ugg boots in Melbourne, Australia for a extended time now. They are created from lavish merino sheepskin which offers ultra warmth to feet and wicks moisture away at the identical time.