Sunday 27 November 2011

Feeling crappy- with no one but myself to blame

Not too long ago I did a blog post on how I was starting to exercise by walking. I also did a post on my recent discovery that I had been diagnosed as having suffered from a anorexia all these years.


I'm not sure at which point in the last few weeks I started going too far again.


Walks for three blocks at the beginning soon became brisk walks for about twelve blocks, followed by Pilates and a further rigorous exercise session upon arriving back home.


That in itself was not the problem. The problem was that old habits die hard. Once I started exercising again, I soon lost my appetite. This was aggravated by the stress of the kids formal assessments over the past few weeks.


A few days ago I noticed that I was starting to get dizzy when I stood up too fast. I thought I'd remedy this by taking some ferrous sulphate tablets. Despite this, I started to feel worse.


It was no surprise to me when I easily picked up Aisha's cold, but instead of it just ending there, I spent Friday lying down with the most terrible body cramps and headache as well. I felt weak- it was as if I was trying to move around with weights attached to my hands and feet. Aisha cried to be picked up- and I cried because I was in too much pain to do so. This was an all too familiar feeling, as I had gotten ill quickly in those bad old days, and I very often struggled to recover from a simple cold. Yesterday I was nauseous all day, although I did manage to eat a bit last night.


I think I shall be taking a break from exercising for a bit- until I feel a bit stronger. I shall also have to consciously take the time to eat- irrespective of whether I feel like it or not.

No comments: